Piezo: P-725.xDD PIFOC® High-Dynamics Piezo Microscope Objective Z-Scanner
* Very Stiff for Fastest Settling Time under 5 msec with Microscope Objective
* 20 µm Travel Range
* Compatible with Metamorph™ and other Image Acquisition Software Packages
* Scans and Positions Objectives with Sub-nm Resolution
* Parallel Flexure Guiding for Minimized Objective Offset
* Choice of Position Sensors: Capacitive Direct Metrology (Higher Performance) or Strain Gauges (Lower Cost)
* Outstanding Lifetime Due to PICMA® Piezo Actuators
* QuickLock Adapter for Easy Attachment
Direct Drive for Ultra-Fast Scanning and Positioning
The P-725.xDD microscope objective positioners were designed for extremely fast motion over relatively short travel ranges up to 20 µm. Their ultra-stiff direct piezo drive (1.2 kHz resonant frequency) enables the highest scanning rates and response times of only 5 msecs – essential for time-critical tasks.
Superior Accuracy With Direct-Metrology Capacitive Sensors
Capacitive position feedback is used in the top-of-the-line model. PI’s proprietary capacitive sensors measure position directly and without physical contact. They are free of friction and hysteresis, a fact which, in combination with the positioning resolution of well under 1 nm, makes it possible to achieve very high levels of linearity. A further advantage of direct metrology with capacitive sensors is the high phase fidelity and the high bandwidth of up to 10 kHz.
Alternatively compact, more cost-efficient strain gauge sensors (SGS) featuring nanometer resolution are implemented. Absolute-measuring SGS-sensors are applied to appropriate places on the drive train and thus measure the displacement of the moving part of the stage relative to the base.
Datasheets & Additional Information